[MPlayer-users] mplayer and screen savers

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Fri Sep 6 17:53:35 CEST 2013

On 06.09.13 08:33, Charles Philip Chan wrote:
>Did you forget to put:
>
>    heartbeat-cmd="xscreensaver-command -deactivate &"
>
>in your mplayer.conf file?

forget? Since when is this needed and why doesn't "-stop-xscreensaver" work
for disabling xscreensaver?

... aha. Now I see in the 1.0rc5 changelog:

     * reworked screensaver disabling support, most users will need to use
       -heartbeat-cmd due to screensaver authors failing to design a common
       -API

I wonder if presence of xscreensaver couldn't be avoided the old way if its
present...
Christian Science Programming: "Let God Debug It!".