[MPlayer-users] how to compile mplayer with custom xvidcore

Rakesh Singh xvidquerry at gmail.com
Sat Oct 19 05:32:32 CEST 2013

>* How will I compile mplayer so that it plays *>* video using my custom libxvidcore?*
>There is a configure option --extra-ldflags

>If you have a problem with MPlayer's default
>mpeg4 asp decoder, please report it!

Carl Eugen

i want to test my custom modified xvid core i.e. testing xvidcore.

MPlayer's default mpeg4 asp decoder works well. there is system wide
mplayer and
mencoder installed in my laptop.

Now I am installing mplayer locally in a dir  i.e. /home/test/testmplayer with

configuration: --prefix=/home/test/testmplayer/
--codecsdir=/home/test/testcodec --yasm

Is this correct?

$pwd
/home/test/testmplayer/bin
$

I am little confused on how to use configure option --extra-ldflags .

Please help me