[MPlayer-users] Hide hardcoded subtitles

Krzysztof Duchnowski amidk75 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 10:13:06 CEST 2013

On 13.10.2013 02:25, Arturo Rinaldi wrote:
> Hi folks, is there a way to hide embedded/hardcoded subtitles from a
> movie ? I have to insert my own subtitles in a movie for a lecture. I
> tried with passing these arguments to the executable :

> /$ mplayer -nosub -noautosub -nofontconfig movie.avi/

> but I didn't get any result. Any help would be appreciated.....

Dictionary

*embedded subtitle* - subtitle file is added to container and is present
as additional data track inside, like video is track#01, audio is
track#02 and subtitles are track#03 (check with MediaInfo)

*hard-coded subtitles* - subtitle file was added as filter during video
encoding process and it's content is now part of every image of video
file, hence it is not a separate instance and can't be distinguished
from video data

--
Krzysztof 'DK75' Duchnowski
GetFirefox - http://www.getfirefox.net/