[MPlayer-users] unable to build with march CFLAGS

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sat Oct 5 10:48:42 CEST 2013

On 03.10.2013, at 20:39, Roger Pack <rogerdpack2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello.  As a note I tried compiling mplayer the other day like this:
>
> $ cd mplayer-checkout-2013-10-02
> $ export CFLAGS=-march=core-avx2
> $ ./configure && make

As configure should tell you, if you set CFLAGS you are on your own, it almost certainly won't compile unless you at least base it on what MPlayer would choose (not to mention even if it did, your CFLAGS would probably lead to a horribly slow MPlayer since it only enables default optimizations).
If you just want to (more or less safely) add some flags use --extra-cflags, though I don't know why you would want to set -march specifically, MPlayer will already pick -march=native.