[MPlayer-users] How do I debug this one? mplayer ftp problem

Dave Saville dave at deezee.org
Thu Oct 3 16:22:23 CEST 2013

On Wed, 2 Oct 2013 21:40:16 +0200 Reimar Döffinger wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 06:23:07PM +0100, Dave Saville wrote:
>> Recompiling mplayer on the Pi is going to be a non starter and my
>> Ubuntu system is a T42 Thinkpad that Mplayer will not play video on
>> - driver problem.
>
> Btw. there obviously are people who can play videos on that system,
> e.g.

Have just re-installed mplayer on Ubuntu on the T42.

MPlayer SVN-r1.0~rc3+svn20090426-4.4.3 (C) 2000-2009 MPlayer Team

The good news - it now displays video :-) Given the date above I guess it
must be something in Ubuntu that has changed to the better.

The bad news - it fails in exactly the same way as mplayer on the Pi - Even
to the extent that it stops later FTP's working until I reset the USB bus
on the Topfield.

--
Kind regards

Dave Saville