[MPlayer-users] Problem when using mplayer with -udp-master and -slave

Thomas Sebastian thomsenle at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 27 03:13:30 CET 2013

Dear all,

i have a small problem with the mplayer.

Following Setup:
-4 PCs running all different video file with same codec and same length
( frames )
-Connected via Network Cables
-UDP-Sync from Master to slave working.

Now i wanted to add a webinterface to select from different video files.
For this i started the players with the -slave option and gave the input
there by a fifo.

example master:
mplayer video1.mp4 -loop 0 -udp-master -udp-ip 192.168.123.255 -osdlevel
0 -slave -input file=/home/user/fifo

example slave:
mplayer video2.mp4 -loop 0 -udp-slave -osdlevel 0 -slave -input
file=/home/user/fifo

All this works very well.

When i send the command on the slave players they seek to the correct
frame.

But when i send the command "loadfile videoX.mp4" on the master server
he starts playing back the video - but the slaves stop and wait some
seconds before then they start to play again without sync.

It seems to me that the UDP-master part stops working when loading a new
movie.

I checked the code of mplayer - but as i'm not good in programming i
cant find where the "udp-master" part is initialized/started/send.
Is there a workaround for this? Can you help me to integrate this?

Thomas