[MPlayer-users] De-interlacing and YUV420 pixels

James Board jpboard2 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 21 18:33:13 CET 2013

Does that mean that there's no way to generate YUV422 pixels
when doing deinterlacing in mencoder?  If so, I can at
least stop trying things.

I asked a similar question in mencoder

last month about YUV422 pixels and inverse telecining, and I was
able to specify YUV422 pixels with lavopts.  But I guess I still don't
know if mencoder is converting the pixels to YUV420 internally, and
then converting back to YUV422 when it writes the output file.

On Thursday, November 21, 2013 5:20 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

James Board <jpboard2 <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> I'm using mencoder to deinterlace an AVI file.  The input
> file container is AVI, and there is no compression of any
> kind and the input pixels are YUV422.

Use ffmpeg -i input -vf yadif

Apart from your specific question, please note that MEncoder
is not an actively maintained application for several years
(if it were, support for YUV422 would have been backported),
FFmpeg is.

Carl Eugen