[MPlayer-users] Memory leak?

Domen Perc domen.perc at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 10:38:43 CET 2013

Hi,

I've got problems with Mplayer using all my memory until system crashes.

I want to play videos 24/7. I wrote Java application, which runs Mplayer in
slave mode and then loads clips to playlist and play them.

Currently I run Mplayer with this command:
Process mplayerProcess = Runtime.getRuntime().exec("/usr/bin/mplayer -slave
-geometry 1920x1080+1680+0 -osdlevel 0 -msglevel all=-1 -really-quiet -idle
 -fixed-vo -lavdopts skiploopfilter=all:threads=4 ");

I've also tried to run it without most of the parameters, only with -slave,
but there was no difference, it still ate memory.

For loading clips I use:
mplayerIn.print("loadfile testClip.mp4 1 \n");
mplayerIn.flush();

There is no problem if I play only one or two videos, but for every loaded
video Mplayer takes another part of memory (cca 50-100MB).

Videos that are played are compressed with h.264 and are without sound.

Any suggestions are most welcome, I run out of ideas what to do.

I've been testing on two different PCs with OpenSuse, here is more
information about one of the systems:
Mplayer version: MPlayer dev-SVN-r35127-4.7-openSUSE Linux 12.2
(x86_64)-Packman (C) 2000-2012 MPlayer Team
Kernel: Linux 3.4.47-2.38-desktop
libc: libc-2.15.so
ld: GNU ld (GNU Binutils; openSUSE 12.2) 2.22
CPU: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU D510   @ 1.66GHz
RAM: 2GB

Best Regards,
Domen