[MPlayer-users] [Mplayer-users]Cannot move forward / jump in stream.dump

Sumeet sumeetsk at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 18:51:48 CET 2013

Hi,

I'm using mplayer to download an rtmp stream from techtalks.tv (on Ubuntu).
The command I use is mplayer -dumpstream rtmpurl

When I play the stream.dump file using mplayer or vlc, I cannot move
forward or jump location - the player crashes. Do I need to convert the
stream.dump file to a different format before I can play it like a normal
video file with fast forward etc? How can I do that?

Thanks.