[MPlayer-users] De-interlacing and YUV420 pixels

James Board jpboard2 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 20 16:48:24 CET 2013

I'm using mencoder to deinterlace an AVI file.  The input file container
is AVI, and there is no compression of any kind and the input pixels are
YUV422.  I use the kerndeint filter with mencoder and this converts the
output pixels to YUV420.  I tried to force the output pixels to 422P with
lavopts but I could not get that to work.

Is there any way to do the de-interlacing with mencoder and produce
an output file with 422P pixels?

If so, will the pixels stay in 422 format the for every step in the process, or
does the kerndeint filter internally convert them to 420 (in which case, it would
be pointless to convert them to 422)?