[MPlayer-users] first frame green with directx vo using slave mode

mo mo at avpresentations.com
Fri Nov 15 00:17:21 CET 2013

On 11/14/2013 03:36 PM, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 06:54:09PM -0500, Morris wrote:
>> This is using the   sherpya-r36475+g0bf8580-4.6   build.  I have
>> found this to be true on all versions of mplayer I've tried in the
>> last 6 months to a year.  I had changed to direct3d and the gl vo
>> quite some time ago, but some of the videos I have now don't play
>> back smoothly enough with those video outputs
> Since DirectX is kind of dead, it might be worth checking if you can
> get those other vos (in particular gl) up to the same speed though...

Do you have any suggestions for how to do this?  I have a pretty good
nvidia video card in the laptops I use (nvs4200m).  I can get up to
about 50 fps at 1280x720 with using  -vo gl:force-pbo. However, I need
to be able to get 60 fps since I usually use interframe to frame double
30 fps media (This is for corporate videos that need to look extremely
smooth when projected, not just for watching movies).  If you have
suggestions on speeding up gl further, that would be great.

I get just over 30 fps with direct3d, not sure why, I thought that was
supposed to be a newer vo.  I can provide benchmarks I did with directx,
direct3d and gl if that would help.  I couldn't really understand what
they showed.

>> I expect that this is related somehow to idle or fixed-vo since it
>> doesn't happen with the first video, but don't really know.  Any
>> ideas?
> Probably the DirectX surface somehow gets filled with 0s.
> That results in green output.
> How exactly that happens would need proper debugging.

Is there anything I can do to provide that debugging?  Not sure exactly
what you would need for that.