[MPlayer-users] Dolby Surround detection

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Wed May 29 16:15:48 CEST 2013

Am 29.05.2013 15:00, schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
> Alexander Roalter <alex <at> roalter.it> writes:
>
>> If a stereo channel contains Dolby Surround (4 channels),
>> the surround audio filter would come in.
>

> Could you provide such a sample?
> (I am not sure if we have one.)

I'll look them up tonight. Mostly TV-shows of the early 90ies and some
movies of the 80es still with their original DS mix. Looking through my
DVD DB, the Platoon DVD has 'em all: 5.1 DD, 5.1 dts (both english),
french Dolby Surround (Pro Logic) and Spanish Stereo.

The demuxer detects it correctly, IIRC, but I'll get back to that later.

--
cheers,
Alex