[MPlayer-users] Sound stop between Ctrl+Alt+Fn and Alt+F7

Dominique Michel dominique.michel at vtxnet.ch
Mon May 20 17:43:52 CEST 2013

Hi all,

My dekstop is FVWM-Crystal on gentoo. I have jack that run all the time
without pa but with the sound aloop module loaded for the alsa
only programs. mplaer use jack for audio.

With my precedent graphic card, a hi-end nvidia, all was fine at the
exception of the noise of the ventilator of this card. I changed it
for an ATI silent. I really appreciate the absence of noise, but I get
a new problem:

When shifting from X to a console with Ctrl+Alt+Fn, the sound
from mplayer disappear at the same time. It go back only when I shift
back to X with Alt+F7.

This must be related to the graphic card. I run it with the ATI fglxr
driver, and I didn't get this issue with the nvidia card. Also, with
the new one, the sound from audio only software like alsaplayer is not
interrupted.

Are you aware of this problem, and is it something else I can do than
to report it to AMD?

Best,
Dominique

--