[MPlayer-users] Compiling MPlayer on a x86_64 system

asyropoulos at aol.com asyropoulos at aol.com
Sun Mar 24 17:25:00 CET 2013

 Hello,

I am on OpenIndiana and I have no problem to generate a 32-bit binary on my system.
However, when trying to generate a 64-bit binary, I have to manually comment
out a number of entries in the Makefile.

SRCS_QTX_EMULATION                   += #loader/wrapper.S
SRCS_COMMON-$(QTX_EMULATION)         += $(SRCS_QTX_EMULATION)
SRCS_WIN32_EMULATION                 += #loader/elfdll.c \
                                        #loader/ext.c \
                                        #loader/ldt_keeper.c \
                                        #loader/module.c \
                                        #loader/pe_image.c \
                                        #loader/pe_resource.c \
                                        #loader/registry.c \
                                        #loader/resource.c \
                                        #loader/win32.c \

Or else I get an error that is similar to the one described in the URL below:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5485468/x86-assembly-pushl-popl-dont-work

Also, I have --disable-qtx since libmpcodecs/vd_qtvideo.c contains code like the following:

#ifdef CONFIG_QUICKTIME
#include <QuickTime/ImageCodec.h>
#define dump_ImageDescription(x)
#else
#include "loader/ldt_keeper.h"
#include "loader/qtx/qtxsdk/components.h"
#include "loader/wine/winbase.h"
#include "loader/wine/windef.h"
#endif

Because I think these are dirty hacks, I was wondering if there any clean way to compile in 64-bit mode?

Regards,

A.S.

--
Apostolos Syropoulos