[MPlayer-users] Help creating a profile

Tasos Karagounis kamenosntasos at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 13 16:58:19 CET 2013

Hello. I finally managed to create a config that is quite good for what I
need.
The problem is that since English is not my native language I use subtitles a
lot.
And when using the xv output in a non HiDef video the subs are poorly
displayed in my 22' screen.

So, what I want to do is to create a profile that when playing HD uses my
default settings and with any other video to use gl output (or xv + vf-scale)
without the need to enter the commands in a terminal.

My knowledge in mplayer ,since I've  been using only smplayer for a long time
, is somehow limited so any help would appreciated.