[MPlayer-users] Mencoder: How to convert 1440x1080 to 1920x1080 Square pixel and yuv420 to yuv244p

Karsten Jeschkies jeskar at web.de
Tue Mar 12 13:49:57 CET 2013

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 10:50 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> Karsten Jeschkies <jeskar <at> web.de> writes:
>
> > ffmpeg version 0.8.5-6:0.8.5-0ubuntu0.12.10.1,
> > Copyright (c) 2000-2012 the Libav developers
>
> This is not FFmpeg but an intentionally broken version
> that contains several hundred bugs not present in FFmpeg.
> See http://ffmpeg.org/download.html for supported versions.
>
> >   built on Jan 24 2013 14:49:20 with gcc 4.7.2
>
> > *** THIS PROGRAM IS DEPRECATED ***
>
> This is a lie, the people who spread it are the same
> who tried to takeover FFmpeg two years ago, see
> http://blog.pkh.me/p/13-the-ffmpeg-libav-situation.html
>
> [...]

Ah, I think I heart about this issue and forgot. I used ffmpeg for Windows
before but didn't get pipelining  in Powershell so I switched to Ubuntu. I
am compiling ffmpeg now and see if this works.

> > PS: I am uploading my video file and will post it
> > here so we can see if it is an error within ffmpeg
> > or something else.
>
> Please do so, as said it works here for a sample but
> after all, there may be a bug in FFmpeg, samples
> are very welcome!

The file is really big. I hope I can serve it at the end of this week since
I don't have the time yet.

best to you,
Karsten