[MPlayer-users] subdelay + dumpsrtsub -> the opposite delay sign

Teemu Likonen tlikonen at iki.fi
Wed Mar 6 14:25:35 CET 2013

I noticed a behavior that seems like a bug to me. I'm using MPlayer
compiled from the Subversion repository.

Let's say we have video file "movie.mkv" and subtitle file "movie.srt".
We want to adjust subdelay and dump a new srt file:

    mplayer movie.mkv -sub movie.srt -subdelay 5.0 -dumpsrtsub

In the resulting "dumpsub.srt" file the delay goes to the opposite
direction. Timestamps are 5.0 seconds _earlier_ when compared to the
original "movie.srt" file.

So, if I want to dump a fixed subtitle file I must first test and find
the subdelay value that fits the movie, then change the subdelay to its
opposite value in the command line (i.e. "-subdelay X" --> "-subdelay
-X") and then dump subtitle file.

I use this feature rarely but I think the subdelay + dump went to the
expected direction when I last time used it (a long ago).