[MPlayer-users] Issue with Unicode file name in the slave mode with Windows binary

Abu Abdullah falcon.sheep at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 11:15:16 CET 2013

Hi,

I'm running mplayer from inside my application. Passing Unicode file name
works fine if it is in the normal mode i.e.
$ mplayer.exe  filename

but it is not working in the slave mode using the loadfile <Unicode file
name>. I tried also to use loadlist <ASCII file name> and the file itself
is encoded in UTF8, still not working:

MPlayer SVN-r35907-4.7.2 (C) 2000-2013 MPlayer Team
File not found: '╪ز╪ش╪▒╪ذ╪ر.rm'
Failed to open ╪ز╪ش╪▒╪ذ╪ر.rm.
Error while opening playlist file ╪ز╪ش╪▒╪ذ╪ر.rm: No such file or directory

I'm compiling the mplayer on windows environment (Mingw/MSYS). I'm calling
mplayer from the application while setting all kind of encoding to UTF8 in
the application itself i.e. it is calling mplayer while the charset is UTF8.

Please note that I tried the same in Linux and it is working fine in all of
these cases (loadfile, loadlist)