[MPlayer-users] Building MPlayer and XMMS

Sun Mar 3 22:10:28 CET 2013

Hi Elio Blanca!

 On 2013.03.03 at 21:59:24 +0100, Elio Blanca wrote next:

> >Another solution may be to try to re-implement the libxmms and glib API used
> >by the plugin. I tried that quickly but I hit a segfault that was not
> >obvious to fix, and I had other things more urgent.
>
> As I thought, this may be a viable solution. More complex, it seems.

There is intermediate one, but it's kind of a hack because it'll help
only people like you who "borrowed" libxmms from somewhere (and no
guarantee it'll work at all). Just create stubs for few x11 & gtk
functions that plugin might call - after all, I don't really think it
*neeeds* them for something nice, but if it does, this way won't work. I
believe there should be some way to automate stubs creation, though I
don't know how.