[MPlayer-users] Errors in IPTV Stream

Andy Furniss adf.lists at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 13:04:10 CEST 2013

Mac Smith wrote:

> On 02-Jun-2013, at 1:48 AM, Andy Furniss <adf.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Mac Smith wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> When I play iptv stream using vo=xv, it plays well, but when I get this errors in the stream it becomes very choppy. I have no control over the stream, is there some way I can handle this from mplayer.
>>>

>>> [mpeg2video @ 0x89746e0]ac-tex damaged at 38 33
>>> [mpeg2video @ 0x89746e0]Warning MVs not available
>>> [mpeg2video @ 0x89746e0]concealing 135 DC, 135 AC, 135 MV errors
>>
>> You could try using the -cache option units are k so depending on bandwidth of stream try something eg.
>>
>> mplayer -cache 10000 ....
>>
>> If that doesn't help then the cause is likely to be packet loss which you may or may not be able to do anything about.
>>
> Hi Andy
>
> I am using these options, but not able to make the video look smooth. Where as the same stream is playing very very smooth in another box, I dont know what player they are using.
>
> vo=xv
> noborder=1
> vf=pp=fd,denoise3d=8:6:12
> lavdopts=threads=2
> demuxer=mpegts
> fs=yes
> cache=10000
> cache-min=10
> prefer-ipv4=yes
> ao=alsa
> zoom=1
> y=1080
> x=1920

Some details on the box cpu/gpu/os and connection type would be useful
also the complete output of mplayer -v playing the stream.

With verbose output and transport streams there will be too much with
demuxer=mpegts, demuxer=lavf will be better just to reduce the output
and also as a test just to see if it makes any difference.

If it's linux and using cpufreq ondemand -

cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

then it may help to set cpu(s) to performance.

Another test would be to use -dumpstream  and see if that plays OK.

If your box is too slow for some reason I don't think you will see the
same errors as you posted playing from disk.

You could try removing the vf= line.