[MPlayer-users] Fw: Using ffmpeg or mencoder to edit files with a edit list

James Board jpboard2 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 23 18:47:33 CEST 2013

Is there a way to specify exact frame numbers for extracting
segments of an AVI file with ffmpeg?  Can I do this with the
-ss and -t options?  I need better granularity than the nearest
second.  My AVI file uses a codec that stores each frame in
full (no inter-frame encoding like with MPEG).

If I want to extract the segment from frame B to frame E,
and my video is 24000/1001 or 30000/1001 fps, can I convert
that to an exact -ss and -t argument, and not have to worry about
floating point round-off error causing me to either miss or add
an extra frame?  The problem is when I multiple my frame
numbers by the fps, the result is an inexact floating-point
number.  Thank you.