[MPlayer-users] option to save cache in temporary directory instead of memory

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Mon Jan 28 17:48:47 CET 2013

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 06:19:22AM -0200, Sezaru wrote:
> > This is possible, but not with mplayer. Just use the websites player and play it there.
>
> Well, that's what I'm trying to avoid using mplayer, the flash player,
> despite it's security, stability and license problems, it can even
> play a 720p video decently in my system..

Then you will have to live (for now at least) with the fact that mplayer
will stop once it has played all the bits it has received.

So be sure you only start playing when you have it all received.
To be able to play faster, you can lower the quality.

If torrents are getting in the way, reduce the bandwidth on them.

What you want is just not possible.

houghi
--
Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done,
and why. Then do it.