[MPlayer-users] option to save cache in temporary directory instead of memory

Sezaru sezdocs at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 22:03:40 CET 2013

Hello, the tail solution almost did it for me, it works like a charm
when I want to seek foward the video, mplayer will simply stop and
waits the download to reach it's position.

But there is one problem which is if i want to seek back, let me say
I'm watching something and want go back 1 minute in the video, when I
press the left arrow button, mplayer will close.

As for the chopping issue, it depends in your situation, let me say
I'm watching a video which my bandwidth can download without a
problem, so no chopping issue, but then someone (or even me) starts
downloading another file, torrent or something like that, than my
video download rate will slow down and mplayer would catch up to it
and simply close it, which would be really frustrating.

Thanks