[MPlayer-users] streaming is not working in slave mode

Josh joshf87 at live.com
Fri Jan 11 09:04:02 CET 2013

On 1/11/2013 02:18, Abu Abdullah wrote:
> my mistake, I meant from HTTP URL. you can try:
> http://www.maknoon.com/Audios_opus/alalbani/alnoor/001.opus
>
> I start to believe it has nothing to do with mplayer, it might be the
> hosting itself.
>
> On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 10:14 AM, Josh <joshf87 at live.com> wrote:
>
>> On 1/11/2013 00:23, Abu Abdullah wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have compiled SVN-r35712 on windows but streaming is not working in
>>> slave
>>> mode. Resolving DNS is repeated all the time:
>>>
>>> Resolving <domain> for AF_INET...
>>> Connecting to server ...
>>>
>>> Streaming is working fine in normal mode. Any hints please, the below is
>>> compile config:
>>>

>> Do you have a specific stream to test? I tried rtsp:// (thru ffmpeg using
>> ffmpeg://rtsp://) and a YouTube stream and they worked plenty fine on
>> r35732/FFmpeg a745485 as a slave in SMPlayer.

This is weird.

I tried that stream from the command line with no additional options and
it indeed did work. Also I only, repeat 'only', added "-v" (verbose
logging) to it and it didn't play at all and just gave an endless
repeating of:

Cache empty, consider increasing -cache and/or -cache-min. [performance
issue]

Through SMPlayer it didn't play at all either, but SMPlayer adds a whole
host of extra options by default regardless of the media being played.
Does what program you use simply use -slave or anything else? I tried
just using '-slave' in the command line but it still played.

I use the following configuration and don't have nearly as many stuff
disabled as you do: --enable-static --enable-runtime-cpudetection
--disable-libmpeg2-internal --disable-tv --disable-vidix --disable-faac-lavc