[MPlayer-users] is it possible to do video editing work using mplayer ?

mikkel meinike mimeini at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 10:23:40 CET 2013

If you were on a desert island with mplayer as your only tool, or if you
would like to challenge yourself with a fun task, it would actually be
possible to do the things you mention only the mplayer. MPlayer can ie save
the modified output from itself to a file ... no actually you would still
need some conversion tool to get through the task ... the bottom line,
mencoder and ffmpag will be the right tools mencoder to "burn" the
subtitles into a video and ffmpeg to most other small videediterings and
conversions tasks.

I have written quite a few small blog post about using primarily ffmpeg to
video editing. I link to a small post about subtitles mplayer and mencoder
but there at others if you look around on the blog.

http://nerdcore-enthusiasm.blogspot.dk/2010/12/add-subtitles-to-video-clip-with-pure.html

mikkel