[MPlayer-users] 1080p/60fps plays fine in vlc, not in mplayer

wm4 nfxjfg at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 5 09:05:08 CET 2013

On Sat, 5 Jan 2013 07:43:04 +0000 (UTC)
Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> wm4 <nfxjfg <at> googlemail.com> writes:
>
> > I know for a fact that some the files you're
> > talking about (resolution changes, pixel format
> > changes) are buggy or have been buggy even with
> > single threaded decoding long before,
>
> I don't remember the bug reports out of my head,
> could you point me to them?

I don't know if there are bug reports, but as of r35708, there are
still issues. Now that I'm checking again, this seems to come down to 2
other problems, though: you have to use -demuxer lavf to make some
files work, and changing to 422P is broken.

It's easy enough to create sample files with ffmpeg. Just encode to
multiple resolutions/pixel formats as .mpg, and cat them together.

Anyway, my point stands: as the defaults are broken anyway, I find it
hard to follow the explanation why multithreaded decoding was disabled.