[MPlayer-users] goes from stopped to playing upon leaving fullscreen

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Tue Jan 1 19:00:46 CET 2013

Am 01.01.2013 18:47, schrieb Daniel:
> When playing is stopped and I leave fullscreen, playing resumes.
> Is this intentional and for some specific reason? Otherwise, perhaps
> it could be at least configurable.

MPlayer exits the pause state on lots of occasions, like when changeing
the volume or doing a seek.

If fullscreen mode is switched on or off, the new output buffer needs to
be filled. The frame which is already displayed is not cached. So a
frame has to be decoded to be displayed. The easiest way to do this is
to exit pause mode.

When using salve commands, you can use "pausing_keep" which will only
play one frame, and then go back to pause mode.

Greets,
Kiste