[MPlayer-users] small feature request: add git

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu Dec 19 13:26:46 CET 2013

Roger Pack <rogerdpack2 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > that it could use git submodules and thus be able to
> > "freeze" the ffmpeg dir to certain "known working"
> > revisions.  Then it would always compile instead of
> > allowing ffmpeg to (at times) break it.
>
> Or possibly add a file that indicates a known working
> revision of ffmpeg for that version of mplayer.

Could you explain what problem either of these "solutions"
would fix and particularly how it would fix them?

> It's a bit frustrating to have to mix and match them at times to try
> and see if you can find one that works

Could you elaborate?
$ svn checkout mplayer && cd mplayer && ./configure && make
works fine or do I miss something?

I believe if it is really necessary, a shell script that
checks out an appropriate version is not difficult but I
wonder how frequent this is needed.

Carl Eugen