[MPlayer-users] VDPAU errors, flickering black video display on aspect change in MPEG2 TS

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sun Dec 8 16:35:45 CET 2013

On Sun, Dec 08, 2013 at 04:30:16PM +0100, wm4 wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Dec 2013 16:27:50 +0100
> Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Dec 08, 2013 at 04:22:48PM +0100, wm4 wrote:

> > > Well, personally I reinitialize the decoder _only_ if the actual size
> > > changes. So I see no bug here.
> >
> > Well, I would need a sample for this specific issue to make sure,
> > but how do you explain this bug then?
> > In particular, the fix of just creating a decoder with _exactly the same
> > settings_ fixes a VDP_STATUS_INVALID_SIZE, can you come up with any
> > explanation for that, that is not a driver bug?
>
> Sounds like it could be caused by conflating get_buffer and VO reinit
> (which are really completely different things). Though you said the
> decoder should be properly flushed.

_If_ there had been a size change, the first patch would not have made
any difference at all since we'd never have gone into the "aspect change
only" case. But that is the reason why I said I'd need to
look at a sample, to make sure there really wasn't any size change,
since things are indeed quite non-obvious there.