[MPlayer-users] trouble seeking mpg123 decoding failed (code 24)

Dennis New dennisn at dennisn.dyndns.org
Tue Dec 3 19:14:43 CET 2013

With some mp3 files (i.e. some podcasts), sometimes mplayer has trouble
seeking a few seconds back (or forth), and it seems to get stuck in
silence, in a loop, with stdout spitting out and endless stream of this:

mpg123 decoding failed: No stream opened. (code 24)

I can get out of this loop by randomly/repeatedly trying to seek
back/forth, and then it magically resumes roughly where I left off, but
it's very annoying.

(Currently I'm using MPlayer SVN-r36370)