[MPlayer-users] Unknown parameter: --host=i686-w64-mingw32

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Thu Aug 22 08:25:51 CEST 2013

On 22.08.2013, at 06:10, Abu Abdullah <falcon.sheep at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm compiling mplayer in fedora 19 to get windows binary
>
> #mingw32-configure
> #Unknown parameter: --host=i686-w64-mingw32
>
> Contacting Fedora team, they indicates mplayer does not use autotools/
> *autoconf** based configure script and i need to do it manually** and
> have to find out the exact arguments
>
> *
>
> *Appreciate if someone can highlight to me what to do.

Just use --cc to set the compiler to the mingw one and MPlayer should detect that you want to cross-compile.
Depending on whether your other system tools are compatible, you might also have to set ranlib or so to the mingw one.
There should also be a document in DOCS/tech that explains it I believe.