[MPlayer-users] recent regression in initial h264 decode/display

Ilja Sekler ilja_sekler_ at gmx.de
Thu Aug 15 23:43:55 CEST 2013

Am 15.08.2013 22:27, schrieb Reimar Döffinger:

> I definitely can't reproduce. Can you provide more detail?
> Any specific video or driver revision?

It turns out that quite many videos don't exhibit the problem. By
chance, my favorite testing video is very much affected. I tried to
upload it (4267303 Bytes) to <ftp://upload.mplayerhq.hu/incoming/>, but
kept getting a "421 Too many connections (1) from this IP" response from
the server.

The first GOP is garbled. The displayed video looks initially completely
black, then blotches of the expected normal picture start to appear and
then (after the second I-frame?) everything works OK.

An alternative sample could be "Doodling in Math Class: Snakes + Graphs"
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heKK95DAKms> by Victoria Hart, please
specify format 18 (the size of the resulting mp4 file should be 12541447
Bytes). Verbose MPlayer console output for this file is attached.

I use NVIDIA binary driver 319.32 from rpmfusion.org on Fedora 19.

Thanks,

--
Regards

Ilja