[MPlayer-users] recent regression in initial h264 decode/display

Ilja Sekler ilja_sekler_ at gmx.de
Wed Aug 14 20:35:17 CEST 2013

Am 14.08.2013 18:56, schrieb Reimar Döffinger:

> On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 12:03:14AM +0100, Andy Furniss wrote:
>
>> Ignore my previous working comment - it's failing with -lavdopts threads=4
>
> Well, I fixed that, but I couldn't test if it works with VDPAU decoding
> when you happen to have threads set like this...

Specifying -lavfopts threads=2 together with -vc ffh264vdpau results in
grave initial corruption and

[vdpau] Failed VDPAU decoder rendering: An invalid handle value was
provided.
[vdpau] Error when calling vdp_video_mixer_render: An invalid handle
value was provided.

error messages when playing h264 videos. Is it expected?

Multithreaded software decoding is fine now. Single-threaded decoding is
fine in both cases.

--
Regards

Ilja