[MPlayer-users] different output between mplayer & ffplay/ffmpeg

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Wed Aug 14 19:06:48 CEST 2013

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 02:45:04PM +0400, Abu Abdullah wrote:
> I would appreciate if someone can highlight how we can achieve the same
> behavior as ffmpeg. is there any patch/hint that can be applied. i tried to
> look into the code but couldn't understand anything.

Please avoid top-posting.
Use the patch from the thread "demux_lavf: add an option to use the new
seek API"
But note that it isn't finished, so it will break some thing (for
example trying to seeking forward actually seeking backwards in some
cases).
FFplay just ignores this problem, but for MPlayer that is just
unacceptable, which is why we do not behave the same.
I think it is quite solvable, but needs time and some thinking.