[MPlayer-users] fullscreen bottom option

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Mon Aug 12 18:58:31 CEST 2013

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 12:36:49AM +0200, Fred wrote:
> I would love to extend the -fs option to -fsb and -fst respectively
> showing the video on bottom or top when played back in fullscreen.
> Maybe even -fsr and -fsl moving the video to the right/left most
> edge of the screen when showing 4/3 content on a widescreen monitor.
>
> So before I submit any patches, what do you think? Is there an
> easier/better solution? Any advise?

I personally would have no use for it, but instead of using -fst -flb -fsl
and -fsr together with -fs would it not be better to use the following
'-fs' as the default. Could be identical to '-fs center' (or -fs centre)
and then -fs left, -fs right -fs top and -fs bottom. Or even add topleft
topright bottomleft and bottomright (Or use North, East, South and West)

The advantage of e.g. bottomright is that you then have your preferences
regardless of the format of the movie and/or the screen.

If adding this to -fs is not an option, -allign or similar might be.

Just food for thought.

houghi
--
Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea - massive,
mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it.