[MPlayer-users] VDPAU decoding in MPlayer broken by recent FFmpeg changes

Ilja Sekler ilja_sekler_ at gmx.de
Thu Aug 8 22:39:41 CEST 2013

Am 08.08.2013 22:20, schrieb Reimar Döffinger:

> On Thu, Aug 08, 2013 at 10:08:55PM +0200, Ilja Sekler wrote:
>
>> Could you please send the patch with the file to mplayer-users or
>> give me a link if it is available online? I couldn't find it on
>> ffmpeg-devel (but I didn't try it really hard ;-)).
>
> I pushed it, just update your git tree to get it.

Thank you, the resulting MPlayer still doesn't play h264 encoded videos,
just perpetually prints the lines

[vdpau] Creating H264 hardware decoder for 2 reference frames.
Opening video filter: [scale]
SwScale params: -1 x -1 (-1=no scaling)
The selected video_out device is incompatible with this codec.
Try appending the scale filter to your filter list,
e.g. -vf spp,scale instead of -vf spp.

to the console and needs to be killed. There are no changes to the state
of MPEG-2 decoding (which was expected, I guess).

--
Regards

Ilja