[MPlayer-users] no-connect option for audio output module jack

Markus Appel masolomaster3000 at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 27 15:23:37 CEST 2013

Hi,

I want to use mplayer with the jack output module to re-route
multichannel sound to multiple output devices.
(My soundcard M-Audio Fast Track Pro has 4 outputs, however, I only
manage to get them as 2 stereo output devices in jack).

When I start playback with mplayer and the jack output module, it looks
for a given output device, limits the number of channels to the number
found for the output device and creates 1:1 connections. Thus, I end up
with stereo only.

I changed the source code of libao2/ao_jack.c to create the full number
of channels without connecting them and defined my own routing using the
patchbay of qjackctl, this works completely fine.

I could (try to) put this in a patch adding some kind of "no-connect"
option to the jack output module. Or is there another solution to my
problem?

Cheers,
Markus
PS: sorry in case of double post, I'm not sure if it sent correctly the
first time