[MPlayer-users] Use -ass without fontconfig?

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Sat Apr 13 20:26:47 CEST 2013

Le quartidi 24 germinal, an CCXXI, wm4 a écrit :
> Changing a single font in the windows font folder requires a
> full rescan, no matter if where the cache is located or how
> it's managed. Fontconfig refuses to fix this.

Fontconfig considers it is the system admin responsibility to update the
cache after installing new fonts, possibly assisted by good admin tools.

Considering that on a correctly administered system, normal users do not
have write access on the system cache, I do not see how they could do
otherwise anyway. Of course, fontconfig is designed for systems where the
admin tools are a little bit more advances than a file manager.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George