[MPlayer-users] -vo gl not working

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Thu Apr 11 21:24:01 CEST 2013

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 07:48:37AM -0600, Kevin DeKorte wrote:
> I have two versions of mplayer installed
>
> MPlayer SVN-r35887-4.7.2
>
> MPlayer SVN-r36169-4.7.2
>
> Both have been built on the same machine, the problem is that for the
> older one the -vo gl option works fine, but on the newer one -vo gl
> crashes. It happens for multiple video formats and is very consistent.

There were no relevant changes in the code really.
Were they compiled the same way?
Can you bisect the exact commit that broke it?
Can you see if the MPlayer window has become visible already when it
crashes?

> #0  dri2SetSwapInterval (pdraw=0x0, interval=1) at dri2_glx.c:908
> #1  0x00007fffeff25cde in __glXSwapIntervalSGI (interval=1) at
> glxcmds.c:1702

There is a bug in the MESA code, pdraw should never be 0 here and/or
that should be handled more gracefully.
The other vos work because they do not explicitly enable vsync.
You can use -vo gl:swapinterval=-1 to make it behave that way, too.