[MPlayer-users] Error occurring on q or >, not sure if mplayer or not

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Sep 28 22:14:04 CEST 2012

?

> > Could you confirm that -vo xv and -vo x11 work fine?

> Thanks for the suggestions.  Both of these work, and they don't have
> the problem with quitting causing a seg fault.  The x11 version is
> locked at the original size

Of course, I just wanted to narrow down the problem.
(After all, with the output originally missing, it could
have been anything.)

Does it also crash with -vo gl_tiled ?

Since the maintainer will probably ask this:
Do you have the possibility to recompile with another
gcc version? Preferably with one that does not contain
a number smaller than "3" in its version...

[...]

> [swscaler @ 0x1072b40]using unscaled yuv420p -> bgra special converter

Iirc, this indicates that gl is not the optimal vo for you
(it needs additional CPU time to convert), xv is
probably the best vo you can get.

(This should not indicate that your report doesn't sound
very important.)

Carl Eugen