[MPlayer-users] is mplayer possible to output raw yuv data ?

Liran Zvibel liranz at audish.com
Sat Sep 8 14:40:47 CEST 2012

On 8 Sep 2012, at 14:56, lean fu wrote:

> is it possible to make mplayer output continuous yuv420 dada ?, i need the
> 3 YUV components placed  in continuous area, without stride.
I'm doing the same thing.
I used to do it with player's mencoder with the following arguments:
mencoder <FILE> -nosound -ovc raw -of rawvideo -really-quiet  -mc 0 -noskip -o -

But encountered bugs, and switched to ffmpeg with the following command line:
ffmpeg -i <FILE> -an -vsync 0 -f rawvideo -vcodec rawvideo -pix_fmt yuv420p -

Best Regards,
Liran