[MPlayer-users] Blue faces in MPlayer not in GMplayer

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Tue Oct 23 22:04:16 CEST 2012

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 08:16:56PM +0200, Robert Szelepcsényi wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Could you please post the whole command you use to start mplayer?

`mplayer movie.avi` and `gmplayer movie.avi`

> Try playing the movie like this:
>
> mplayer -vo vdpau <movie_file>
>
> or
>
> mplayer -vo vdpau -fs -zoom <movie_file>

That seems to work. Thanks for the pointer.

I have now added the following line to ~/.mplayer/config :
vo=vdpau

That works. Strangely when I now remove it, it still seems to work.

Still wondering why the movie I was watching yesterday was ok and when I
wanted to see the rest of the movie today, it did show differntly.

houghi
--
For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I
have good luck and write better than I can.