[MPlayer-users] Freezing when clicking player window embedded after losing focus

Josh joshf87 at live.com
Wed Oct 10 07:10:00 CEST 2012

Not sure if this is really a mplayer or smplayer problem, but it started
between r33488 and r34401 under Windows XP. When playing a video under
smplayer and focus is lost (like clicking on the desktop) and then
clicking on the video window to regain focus causes the  video to freeze
and loop the sound for a few seconds or longer before resuming. The last
known build to not experience the problem was Sherpya's r33488, and his
r34401 build starts experiencing the problem. I haven't started
compiling mplayer until well after that release, but every one I
compiled has the problem and I have tried other people's builds (like
SubJunk) and it has the same problem.

There isn't anything in any of the logs (set to verbose) out of the
ordinary.

It happens on all videos, and changing settings like video, audio,
direct rendering, threads, and so forth have no effect. Clicking on
smplayer's actual window (toolbar, title bar, etc) doesn't trigger it
(only clicking on the video itself) and only on Windows XP (Vista, 7 not
affected).

Any help to figure out why this is happening is appreciated.. I make new
builds at http://sourceforge.net/projects/smplayer/files/Unstable/ the
latest as of this post 0.8.1.4525 (x86). Apparently "don't click the
video" isn't the preferred
solution.<http://sourceforge.net/projects/smplayer/files/Unstable/smplayer-0.8.1.4525-x86.exe/download>