[MPlayer-users] How to cross-compile mplayer.exe

bat guano batguano999 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 29 21:34:22 CET 2012

> Same information is in DOCS/tech/crosscompile.txt in MPlayer SVN.
> I updated it in r35518.

Thanks for the update Reimar.

For my first attempt...
Used mingw compiler built with Zeranoe's script.
Then...
$ cd MPlayer-mingw
$ export PATH="$PATH:$HOME/mingw-w64-i686/bin"
$ ./configure --enable-cross-compile --windres=i686-w64-mingw32-windres --cc=i686-w64-mingw32-gcc
$ make

The 'configure' command listed a whole bunch of "Disabled optional drivers".
Also lots showed up in "Checking for... no"
So next time I will build some of these dependencies/libraries like when I cross-compiled FFmpeg before.

When I ran 'make' it seemed to build OK.
It tried to built FFmpeg then stopped with this message:-

ffmpeg/libpostproc/libpostproc.a: could not read symbols: Archive has no index; run ranlib to add one
make: *** [mplayer.exe] Error 1

Any ideas what's causing the error?