[MPlayer-users] mplayer compiled in windows - segmentation fault

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sat Nov 10 17:46:59 CET 2012

On 9 Nov 2012, at 10:59, "gmane.comp.video.mencoder.user" <alessandro.gabbanelli at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to compile mplayer.
> I'm pretty newbie to compile c.
>
> I tried three different snapshots and version 1.1.
>
> The environment is windows 7 x64 compile with mingw "tdm64-gcc-4.7.1-3".

You are combining too many experimental things there IMO.
I would suggest compiling from cygwin, with the mingw64 packages that come with it (using gcc 4.5), and only setting the --cc, --ranlib and --windres options to the versions with x86_64-w64-mingw32 prefix.
In particular do not set --target (and make sure to use latest SVN).

> 2) cp osdep/getch2-win.c osdep/getch2.c (else error sys/ioctl.h No such file or directory)

That is a clear sign that your --target option is wrong, your mplayer is being built for Unix, not Windows.