[MPlayer-users] mplayer compiled in windows - segmentation fault

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Nov 9 11:11:08 CET 2012

gmane.comp.video.mencoder.user <alessandro.gabbanelli <at> gmail.com> writes:

> ./configure --prefix=/build/mplayer/mplayer20121105 --language=en \
> --enable-static \
> --enable-x264 --enable-xvid --enable-faad --enable-faac --enable-mp3lame \
> --confdir=./mplayer --codecsdir=./codecs \
> --target=x86_64-w64-mingw32 \
> --disable-unrarexec \
> --disable-tv --disable-tv-bsdbt848 --disable-tv-v4l1 --disable-tv-v4l2 \
> --cc=x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc \
> --host-cc=x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc \
> --ar=x86_64-w64-mingw32-ar \
> --ranlib=/mingw/x86_64-w64-mingw32/bin/ranlib

This may or may not be related to the crash you are
seeing, but please remove the "--enable-*" options
from your configure line, they do not do what you
seem to expect.
(And while at it, I suspect you can also remove the
"--disable-*" parts, I don't think they are needed,
or are they?)

> the outcome of mplayer.exe is always this:
>
> MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module

This is at least missing command line and complete,
uncut console output.

[...]

> I was not able to make a correct compilation,
> I applied these workarounds:

Either they are useful (I can't comment on most
of them), then please send them to mplayer-dev-eng,
or they are wrong...
In any case: As long as you patched your MPlayer
source code, the chances to get help on this mailing
list are limited afaict.

(Reporting build problems is of course very welcome!)

Carl Eugen