[MPlayer-users] Streaming multiple files

Roguedr roguedr at gmail.com
Thu May 31 20:08:54 CEST 2012

Hi,
Maybe this is a VLC issue but here it goes...

I'm using VLC on a windows machine as a streaming "server" and mplayer
as a stream player.

The VLC is set to stream multiple TS files in a loop while mplayer
opens the UDP stream and plays it back.

This all seems to work well for the first file but once the first file
is finished, mplayer stops receiving and playing the next file. When I
tried using vlc as a client also, it happily plays the next file and
the next file that is streamed.

How can this behaviour replicated on mplayer?

Basically I expect mplayer to continue to play files that are Bering
fed over the network, not to stop at the end of the first file.

I tried with buffer and without buffer, I tried setting loop 0 and it
still plays fine the first file after which it stops.

Any ideas in this area?

Appreciated,