[MPlayer-users] Release 1.1 first packaging attempt

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Fri May 18 16:21:08 CEST 2012

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 03:50:47PM +0200, Raimund Steger wrote:
> > I presume the ldflags are only necessary to get X11 support, it
> > will compile without?
> > And in that case, shouldn't --extra-ldflags="-lrt" work just as well?
>
> I've found that the additional '-lX11' is necessary to compile the gl vo
> if the x11 vo isn't enabled. This configuration is the default (without
> any special configure arguments) on my Solaris 10 machines.

Hm, I believe what should happen in that case is that the gl vo is
compiled against SDL only?
But in that case -lX11 should not be necessary.
Can you give some more details on what goes wrong with OpenGL in that
case?

> I never
> bothered investigating this further, but I've done so now, and I can get
> x11 to compile (in which case the extra ldflag isn't necessary) if I
>
> (1) use 'statement_check_broken X11/Xlib.h'... instead of
>     'statement_check'... in ./configure, line 4270 (in the
>     version from the 1.1 tarball)

Curious, but should not be an issue to change.

> (2) add a declaration like:
>
>     extern Status XShmGetEventBase(Display *display);
>
>     to libvo/vo_x11.c, around l. 42.

There no X header that provides that function declaration?
Seems strange to have it in the libs but not in any header...

> If there is a need to distinguish the 32-bit from the 64-bit SPARC types
> on Solaris (beyond the memory model used for compilation) one would need
> to check for something similar than ./configure, l. 2233 already does, i.
> e. sun4m|sun4c... vs. sun4u|sun4v.

We actually already have a check for that, and one that is better since
it is based on what the compiler expects, i.e. --extra-cflags=-m32 and -m64
will actually work.
Could you test the attached patch?

> I'm not sure if this stuff should delay the 1.1 release though.

Well, my intention was actually to sync the release with the next FFmpeg
release, so there is no hurry yet.