[MPlayer-users] mplayer fails to resume playback after pause

Charles Philip Chan cpchan at bell.net
Sat May 12 14:13:55 CEST 2012

Mac Smith <macsmith.us at gmail.com> writes:

> I removed pulseaudio, rebooted it, and played again with "-ao alsa",
> now there is no sound, and the issue of resume after pause is also not
> there. But no sound. If i dont use "-ao alsa" option it uses oss, I am
> still not able to understand where the bug is,

There is something wrong with your setup. Have you tried ALSA with an
audio program to verify your setup? I have been using ALSA with mplayer
for years with no problems at all (including pause and play).

Charles

--
"Computers may be stupid, but they're always obedient. Well, almost always."

  -- Larry Wall (Open Sources, 1999 O'Reilly and Associates)