[MPlayer-users] Blu-ray playback Audio Issues

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Tue May 8 20:02:34 CEST 2012

On 05/08/2012 07:54 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Alexander Roalter<alex<at>  roalter.it>  writes:
>
>> [mpegts @ 0xf440e0]Could not find codec parameters (Audio: dts
>> ([162][0][0][0] / 0x00A2), 0 channels, s16)
>
> DTS Express is not yet supported by FFmpeg.

Ok, that's an information I can understand (even though I don't know why
the picture-in-picture audio (it's the only audio channel I'm missing,
all others are accounted for) would be in dts format. Is it perhaps so
it can be better mixed with the other audios? Because from what I know,
these picture-in-picture-audio tracks are supposed to be mixed with the
main audio during playback. But since I don't own a Blu-ray player I
haven't seen it in action yet.

> [...]
>
>> Hm. Building a newer ffmpeg bails out at
>>
>> YASM    libavcodec/x86/deinterlace.o
>> libavcodec/x86/diracdsp_yasm.asm:252: error: (ADD_OBMC:6) cannot
>> reference symbol `mmsize' in preprocessor
>
> This sounds like a very important issue in an application that
> is actively maintained - could you add some information?
>
> Carl Eugen

Perhaps my system is too ancient. It's an old opensuse 11.4

alex at horus:~> yasm --version
yasm 1.1.0.2352
Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Peter Johnson and other Yasm developers.
Run yasm --license for licensing overview and summary.

I did
-> git pull
-> make clean
-> make dist
make: *** No rule to make target `dist'.  Stop.
-> make distclean
-> configure
-> make

--